Sunday, September 17, 2017

PT.1 17/09/2017: DARK SECRETS OF INDIAN CRICKET THAT YOU NEVER KNEW BEFORE


I.

Slide 1 of 13

Cricket, the most worshipped sport in the country has some of the deepest and darkest secrets of the sport playing out in the dressing rooms. While Virat Kohli openly revealed some of the inside secrets during a comedy show, here’s a list of the untold stories of Indian cricket that’ll take you by surprise for sure.
While many of these incidents are excerpts taken from autobiographies of cricketers, several others include intimate interviews. Either which way, they offer the cricket fans a peek into the lives of the cricketer’s and their dressing room gossips.

II.

Slide 2 of 13: Indian Cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar with wife Anjali Tendulkar during the release of his autobiography 'Playing It My Way' on November 5, 2014 in Mumbai, India.

Here are the excerpts from Sachin's autobiography... "Here I am a bit embarrassed to reveal a very personal secret relating to the Sri Lanka match (2003 ICC World Cup). On the eve of the match, I had a bad stomach and was feeling dehydrated... I also added a teaspoon of salt to the energy drinks, thinking it would help the recovery, and that caused a tummy upset. In fact, the situation was so bad that I had to bat with tissues inside my underwear. I even had to go back to the dressing room during one of the drink breaks and was feeling extremely uncomfortable in the middle."

III.

Slide 3 of 13

Way back in the year 1996, Shahid Afridi made his fastest ODI century in only 37 balls at the age of 16. Since Afridi lacked a proper cricket kit, he was given none other than Sachin Tendulkar's bat by Waqar Younis to play. "I had just got into Pakistani cricket team and during the practice session in Nairobi, Waqar Younis gave me a bat and said, play with this and see, it is Sachin's bat. I feel very honoured for playing with Sachin's bat in my first ODI match," stated Afridi.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New ICC rules: Cricket will never be the same; 5 changes that will come into effect from tomorrow

The International Cricket Council (ICC) revealed its new set of rules on Tuesday that are set to change the sport forever. These new rules ...