Sunday, September 17, 2017

PT3. 17/09/2017: DARK SECRETS OF INDIAN CRICKET THAT YOU NEVER KNEW BEFORE

VII.

Slide 7 of 13: undefined

In 2005, Yuvraj Singh (the mastermind) and the rest of the Indian team decided to play a prank on their beloved Dada by giving him a print out of a fake interview. The printout consisted of Sourav’s critical analysis of the team’s players. "When that was shown to him, he pleaded he had not given any such interview" Yuvraj said. Ganguly had even offered to resign from his captaincy if it was proved he made any of the mentioned statements. "I almost had tears in my eyes. These were the same players I had always fought for."

VIII.

Slide 8 of 13

In the 2004 Multan Test, Rahul Dravid declared the innings against Pakistan and Sachin was left devastated as he was left unbeaten at 194. Angered by Dravid’s move, Sachin stormed into the dressing room. The Master Blaster however asked Dravid to simply "leave him alone". "I assured Rahul that the incident would have no bearing on my involvement on the field, but off the field, I would prefer to be left alone for a while to come to terms with what had happened," claimed Tendulkar.

IX.

Slide 9 of 13

Sourav Ganguly and Navjot Singh Sidhu were once held at gun point back in the year 1996. Here’s what happened... "We got on the London tube and set off towards Pinner. In our carriage, there was a group of young teenagers drinking... The boy then threw the beer can at me. I could tell he was looking for some kind of reaction. I didn't want to get involved at all and I said to Sidhu to leave it alone. I picked up the can and put it to one side, at which point the young lad stood up and said to me, 'what did you say?'
"Sidhu jumped in and confronted him. I knew then that there was going to be some trouble. I took my glasses off and threw them to the floor away from us, and got ready for whatever was to come. There were some punches thrown and, just as we got to a station, I pushed the lad and he fell over. He got up and the next thing I saw was a gun in my face. I thought, My gosh, this is it — my life is going to be over here on this train. But then one of the girls, who was quite big, grabbed him and pulled him away and took him off the train. She was really quite strong and I don't think the young boy wanted to mess with her. I was shaking and obviously very upset, but thankfully my tour and my life were able to continue," stated Ganguly recalling the incident.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New ICC rules: Cricket will never be the same; 5 changes that will come into effect from tomorrow

The International Cricket Council (ICC) revealed its new set of rules on Tuesday that are set to change the sport forever. These new rules ...