Sunday, September 17, 2017

PT2. 17/09/2017: DARK SECRETS OF INDIAN CRICKET THAT YOU NEVER KNEW BEFORE

IV.

Slide 4 of 13

Sultan of swing Wasim Akram revealed that teammate Waqar Younis wanted to get run-out to prevent Anil Kumble from picking up his historic 10th wicket in an innings at the Feroz Shah Kotla in 1999. After losing 9 wickets, the Pakistani team was left with Wasim Akram and Waqar Younis at the crease. Akram recalled how Waqar had discussed getting run-out. Here's how Akram replied to Younis... "You can't deny him the feat if he is destined for it. But I can assure you that I'm not going to give my wicket to Kumble. But, subsequently, it was me who gifted my wicket to Kumble."

V.

Slide 5 of 13

"Once when I was batting in Chennai on 300, I forgot the lyrics of a song. So, I called Ishant Sharma, who was the 12th man for that game, to the field and told him to get the lyrics of the song from my iPod, and he did that. Obviously, everyone thought that I had asked for 'drinks' from Ishant, but sometimes, the 12th man can be used in this way too! The song was, Tu Jaane Na," stated Sehwag.

VI.

Slide 6 of 13

India’s most wanted underworld don Dawood Ibrahim, who was introduced as a big businessman to the team had entered their dressing room and offered to gift every player a car if they won the match against Pakistan in the Sharjah Cup in 1987. The incident was revealed by former captain, Dilip Vengsarkar.


No comments:

Post a Comment

New ICC rules: Cricket will never be the same; 5 changes that will come into effect from tomorrow

The International Cricket Council (ICC) revealed its new set of rules on Tuesday that are set to change the sport forever. These new rules ...